Title of Recipe
Lab-e-Shireen with Custard (Dessert)
Hi! My name is Amreen and I live in Bahrain. I like cooking very much. I have a cooking site where you can get more recipes.
Country/Culture of Origin
Ingredient List & Measurements
* 1 kg milk
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup custard
* For batter:
* 3 bananas
* 2 apples
* 2 Tbsp corn flour
* 1 packet red jello
* 1 packet green jello
* 1 packet cream
* 50 grams raisins
* 50 grams almonds
* ½ cup chocolate syrup
1. Mix custard into 1 cup of the chilled milk.
2. Take a large skillet and heat the remaining milk. When the milk comes to a boil stir in the sugar.
3. Pour the dissolved custard slowly into the hot milk, stirring continuously until it becomes thick. Leave aside to cool.
4. Take a pan and boil 1 ½ cup water. Dissolve the jello and cook for 2 -3 minutes.
5. Pour the jello into a dish and leave aside to cool.
6. Take a pan and add milk and sugar in it. Dissolve 2 tbsp corn flour in water. Stir it into the milk and cool until all the sugar dissolves and the the milk becomes thick.
Preparation time (approx): 90 mins | Serves 8-10 persons
This fruit delight is a complete dessert full of nutrition and is very common in Pakistani Cuisine (with the name lab-e-Shirin ). Any fruit can be used in this recipe for instance bananas, apples, grapes, etc. The addition of milk, whipped cream makes it a healthy dessert. Still it's simple and easy to make and usually served after cooling for sometimes in a refrigerator.
Tips and Tricks
- Almonds: To remove the skin of almonds easily, soak them in hot water for 15-20 minutes.