Nothing could be further from the truth. Islam teaches us to give good advice to others, and to offer guidance and support when needed. Friends, family, and Islamic leaders may be good listeners but are probably not trained to offer professional guidance and support.
Professional counselors, psychologists, and psychiatrists offer mental health services which can help save a person's happiness, marriage, or life. Muslims should not feel reluctant to seek support if they feel that they cannot cope. These organizations can help; do not be afraid or ashamed to reach out for help.
- Sakinah Muslim Counseling Services - UK
- Muslim Family Services (ICNA) - US
- Sakina Center - Online Counseling for Muslim Youth via Facebook
- MCA Bay Area Counseling Services - San Francisco, California, in person or by phone
- IHW Personal & Family Counseling - Michigan (Shia)
- Idriss Mosque Counseling Services - Seattle, Washington
- Zentrum fur Islamische Frauenforschung (ZIF) - Germany
- Center for Islamic Counseling & Guidance- Jonesboro, Georgia