1. Religion & Spirituality

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Muslims strive each day to walk the "middle road" -- meeting one's needs and living life, while being ever-mindful of God and the responsibilities we each have to Him and to our fellow human beings. A Muslim should try to strike a balance, being "of this world" without being neglectful of the spiritual realm. Do you find it difficult to find this balance in your own life?
Comments
April 30, 2006 at 6:16 am
(1) aiman says:

Salaam alaikum,

Like all Muslims, I have my own struggles. After all, it is our struggles that we take to the grave and not our sofas and streets. I struggle with both spirituality and worldly affairs. I feel spirituality and the world are rolled into one, because we have to fight against anger, pride, jealousy and a lot of other things. This is when spirituality educates us — gives us a direction and strengthens our inner being. Moving to a brighter note, I will ask everyone this hilarious poem that I came across yesterday: Redneck Muslims. It makes one think and laugh at the same time, especially the small challenges we face as Muslims.

May 2, 2006 at 1:06 pm
(2) Kadijah says:

My biggest challenge in this Deen was dealing with the Arab Muslims. So many Americans Muslims thought they were very good Muslims, simply because they were from Islamic Countries. Many of us paid dearly for our learning…

May 7, 2006 at 3:39 pm
(3) angel says:

i have problems because im canadian. like my sister kadijah, i agree that some others think they are MORE islamic (!) because they come from islamic countries. i also have to tell ppl all the time that arabs make up only a small percentage of muslim people. where my father is from is near pakistan and afghanistan (but still in europe). it confuses people when they find out im canadian. they dont believe me.

May 8, 2006 at 6:11 am
(4) aiman says:

Salaam alaikum,

I agree with both you sisters. Well said. There are some Muslims who think that just because they come from a Muslim country, it means they are “better” than others. Not so according to the Qur’an.

July 3, 2006 at 11:00 am
(5) emerton says:
February 25, 2009 at 9:23 am
(6) Danielle says:

evry1 has problems in their lives whether they be in ther religion or on their American life.But people get over them some how some way and they get to the other side most of the time. just keep going no matter how hard and how long it is not what is on the other side it is the climb. :)

January 4, 2010 at 4:17 pm
(7) Bob says:

im doing a project on the influence the Qur’an has on everyday life for a Muslim,anyone have any info they wouldnt mind sharing?(:

February 25, 2010 at 9:19 am
(8) rksjbjgsfkjhg says:

i love muslims

April 14, 2010 at 7:00 pm
(9) tehmeena says:

I live in montreal, qc,canada. Its fine 4 me. im less shy then any other girl in my classes. b4 i wasnt. then my class mates started rallying up against me.(boys) I didnt speak u then they got my family in it. I got angry. things went out of control, and some guy started calling me a terrorist. things followed and now most boys would h8 to get near me. luckily im in high na dnot everyone knows. though im making my title their. punched a guy after he looked up a classmates skirt and then she started crying. Not all are bad but some are so retarded. Am I making a misake doing this? I’m not shy, and get into fights with guys r racist.

July 20, 2010 at 9:52 am
(10) simon s says:

…..

June 13, 2011 at 3:37 pm
(11) AIN says says:

i don’t know wat iasy but I know everyone is against muslim. i think some people are not muslim but they becom a muslim just 4 show. Then they do wrong thing and everyone thinks that islamic socity is wrong…………………….

October 29, 2011 at 6:36 pm
(12) Saad says:

I struggle with this everyday of my life, I feel like im displeasing allah even though i do tawbah as soon as i do something wrong. I no that this is the devil trying to make me feel like a bad person so I will keep fighting Inshallah